There are 34 grade two listed buildings in Upper Beeding including the church. 27 of these are in the High Street and Hyde Street Conservation Areas.
On the south side of the High Street stands a high flint wall around 90 feet long. This is the 250 year old, grade 2 listed coaching wall, the wall was originally 8 feet high but a further 3 feet was added in 1850 to prevent the people sitting on stage-coaches from being able to see into the garden behind!

“The Towers” is a local landmark, designed by the architect George Smith. It was completed in 1883 and was described as a “monument to Victorian extravagance.” It had several owners and in 1897 was being used as a hunting lodge. The Congregation of the Blessed Sacrament was invited to set up a school at the Towers. The first French sisters and their pupils arrived in 1903. It is now recognised as one of the best schools in Sussex and celebrated its centenary in 2003.

The oldest building in the village is The Kings Head Public House. Its 19th century frontage hides ancient timber framing, the main part dating from the 15th century, about the same time as St. Mary's House, Bramber on the other side of the river.